Latest News | Prospectus | G7 Admission | G8, 9, 10(NSS) Admission | IB Admission | Download Area | G7 Admission Talk
Distribution of Application Forms
Applicants may obtain application forms and relevant information by:
- posting an A4 size self-addressed stamped($3.0) envelope to the school; or
- coming in person to the school between 27th October 2012 to 27th November 2012; or
- downloading the forms from the school web site.
Applicants will not be asked to fill in any information concerning their family income in the application form.
Selected applicants will be asked to attend an interview in both English and Cantonese offered by the English and Chinese Departments. Applicants who are talented in sports and music may be invited to attend try-outs and auditions.
- No special arrangements will be made for candidates from overseas and they will be asked to attend the oral interviews on the same day as the local applicants.
- Students who have chosen French instead of Chinese will be exempted from the Cantonese interview.
Admissions of Students
Mr. R. Cheng|
Mr. K.W. Cho
Mr. K. Yip
Mr. J. Chan
Mr. Y.L. Lau
- Students will be admitted on the basis of their performance at an interview, his past academic records and extra-curricular talents. The selection panel's decision is final.
|Criteria for the selection of Grade 7(Form 1) boys||Weight|
|Performance in the interviews||20%|
|Others (e.g. father, brother are old boys; brother studying in DBS)||5%|
- The selection panel may also accept students on special grounds (e.g. staff's family member or based on outstanding talents). However, these special cases shall not exceed 25% of the total number of students admitted through the entrance examination.
- The school will continue to adopt a need-blind student admission policy to ensure that no qualified students will be deprived of receiving education in DBS due to financial reasons. The school has introduced a "Fee Remission Scheme" for needy students. Those needy students will be offered a full or partial fee remission. Besides, an "Endowment Fund" has been set up to provide other means of financial assistance. "Scholarships" will also be offered to students who have demonstrated outstanding achievement or got potential in the areas of sports, music and other extra-curricular activities.
Release of Results
The results will be released in early April, 2013.