Welfare ⋅ Latest News
(last update: 05/05/2023)
DBS Student Financial Assistance Scheme (2022-2023)
- The Student Financial Assistance Scheme provides financial assistance to eligible parents of students from Grade 7 to Grade 12 in the forms of fee remission, low cost lunch, textbook subsidy and school uniform subsidy for their children in Diocesan Boys' School.
- Application forms for the scheme will be available from the School General Office from Saturday, 6 May 2023.
- Applicants should submit completed applications to the Financial Controller's Office by Tuesday, 13 June 2023.
- The electronic version of Application Form and Guidance Notes (English / Chinese Version) are available (download).
- For enquiries, please contact Ms. Cheung at 2768 5623 from Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and 2 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- You may access the simulation calculator to estimate the percentage of Fee Remission and the eligibility of Other Assistances for your family.
1. DBS Student Financial Assistance Scheme (2022-2023)
1.1. The application deadline for all current students (2022-2023) has passed*, as specified in the circular dated 3 May 2022.
1.2. Parents who did not apply for the scheme but require special financial assistance may apply in writing to the Headmaster, providing detailed justification and relevant documents in support of their application.
2. Schemes offered by the HKSAR government or Other Organizations
|Schemes||Target Students||School's Deadline|
|2.1||Financial Assistance for Primary and Secondary Students||G7 to G12 students with financial needs||Not applicable|
|2.2||Grantham Scholarships Fund - Grantham Maintenance Grants||G10, G11 and G12 students with financial needs||16 September 2022 (Friday)|
|2.3||Methodist Study Trust||G10, G11 and G12 needy students from deprived families||30 September 2022 (Friday)|
|2.4||Sing Tao Charitable Foundation Students' Loan Fund (Interest-free Emergency Loan)||G10, G11 and G12 students who are in financial need||Throughout the school year (subject to the fund's availability)|
For details, please refer to the circular to parents, dated 1 September 2022.